- Age range:
- 3-6 years of age, 6-8 years of age, 8-10 years of age, 10-12 years of age
- Resouce type:
- Website, Resource other
- Operating system:
- Not applicable
- Main topic of the resource:
- Main function of the resource:
- Acquire and retain life skills, Build up positive relationships with their family and friends, Discover new possibilities and abilities, Enhance their participation in society, Enhance social/cultural understanding, Have fun and enjoy themselves, Learn and develop, Stretch or stimulate imagination
- Checklist criteria met:
- Age range and objectives, Stimulating experiences, Usability, Accessibility/inclusivity, Reliability, Safety, Privacy
- Save the Children Romania
Logopedia is a digital tool that aims to increase the level of identification and use of sounds and language among children with hearing and speech impairment. The interactive digital platform was developed in collaboration with teachers, educational specialists and experienced speech therapists in order to be adapted to the needs of children with hearing and speech disability. The platform is organized around the learning objectives needed to improve language skills, focusing in three directions: vocabulary development, language structuring, sound emission. Logopedia offers both teachers and other specialists working with children 11 educational games, as well as a guide to good practices, which includes a number of digital working methods and tools. It contains 7000 words and expressions in Romanian, 2000 illustrations and 645 video materials. Although the platform was created with hearing impaired children in mind, it can also be used by children with speaking or language development delay.
This resource was chosen as it is addressed to a niche target group that lacks digital resources in the educational process. Children with speech and hearing impairment will love to play the games and learn new skills in a playful manner.