- Age range:
- 3-6 years of age, 6-8 years of age, 8-10 years of age
- Resouce type:
- Operating system:
- Not applicable
- Main topic of the resource:
- Arts and culture, Everyday life and leisure, Media
- Main function of the resource:
- Enhance and enable creativity, Enhance their participation in society, Enhance social/cultural understanding, Have fun and enjoy themselves, Learn and develop, Produce and distribute their own positive online content, Stretch or stimulate imagination
- Checklist criteria met:
- Age range and objectives, Stimulating experiences, Usability, Accessibility/inclusivity, Reliability, Safety, Privacy
- Eesti Rahvusringhääling
The aim of the lastejaam.ee website is not only to provide content for children, but also to create content for and with children. The website provides news, information, TV and radio programmes, cartoons, games, and so on for children aged between 3-12 (but it also provides activities for youngsters up to 15 years old). The website is also interactive: children can, for example, play games, do puzzles, solve quizzes, and make their own drawings. The Lastejaam team also promotes children's participation via different initiatives, for example asking children to write or make videos or create pictures about their best summer adventures, inviting them to send them to lastejaam.ee for publication. They also encourage children to create their own music videos and provide information on how to do this. Via the website, they also offer children the possibility to meet with people who work for children and/or are children's favourites (writers, actors, singers, and so on).
The website offers content for children in a child-friendly manner (including the design of the website) which is not only age-appropriate, but also interesting for them. Children are free to participate in different initiatives and programmes which have been provided by the lastejaam.ee team. Lastejaam.ee also supports children by helping them develop the necessary skills to create their own content, while also providing information and educational knowledge for children.