- English, French
- Age range:
- 3-6 years of age
- Resouce type:
- Operating system:
- Not applicable
- Main topic of the resource:
- Everyday life and leisure
- Main function of the resource:
- Acquire and retain life skills, Discover new possibilities and abilities, Enhance social/cultural understanding, Learn and develop
- Checklist criteria met:
- Age range and objectives, Stimulating experiences, Usability, Safety
- BEE SECURE
Read more on https://www.bee.lu/
This website hosts stories of "Bibi and friends" to teach children aged 3-7 how to be safe online. These are interactive story books with speech output in Luxembourgish, but the stories are available in multiple languages. There is also an interactive drawing book for printout so children can scroll through the book and listen to the stories. The design is simple and attractive, which is a reason why children love the design of Bibi and friends. What is more, the stories are relatable and give simple, good advice for young children about how to identify dangerous situations onlline and and give advice about how to react.
The resource won a prize from the European Crime Prevention Network in 2015.