- Age range:
- < 3 years of age, 3-6 years of age, 6-8 years of age
- Resouce type:
- Operating system:
- Not applicable
- Main topic of the resource:
- Arts and culture, Everyday life and leisure, Media
- Main function of the resource:
- Acquire and retain life skills, Build up positive relationships with their family and friends, Develop a positive view of themselves and a respect for their identity, Discover new possibilities and abilities, Enhance and enable creativity, Have fun and enjoy themselves, Learn and develop, Produce and distribute their own positive online content, Stretch or stimulate imagination
- Checklist criteria met:
- Age range and objectives, Stimulating experiences, Usability, Accessibility/inclusivity, Safety
- YLE (Yleisradio, Finnish Broadcasting Company)
The Pikku Kakkonen website is an extension of a traditional and well-known television programme for children with the same name. The website consist of several positive activities aimed specifically at children, within a safe online environment.
The website consists of videos, cartoons, games and programmes that also enhance production and creativity. The content of the website also supports the activity of children by promoting play and spending time in nature. It is colourfully illustrated and, to support inclusion, the website offers guidance through video, audio, pictures and symbols. The characters in the website are familiar to children from the television programme with the same name.