- Age range:
- 3-6 years of age, 6-8 years of age, 8-10 years of age, 10-12 years of age
- Resouce type:
- Operating system:
- Not applicable
- Main topic of the resource:
- Everyday life and leisure, Media, Science, nature and technology
- Main function of the resource:
- Acquire and retain life skills, Build up positive relationships with their family and friends, Develop a positive view of themselves and a respect for their identity, Discover new possibilities and abilities, Enhance and enable creativity, Learn and develop
- Checklist criteria met:
- Age range and objectives, Stimulating experiences, Usability, Reliability, Safety, Privacy
- KiKA - The Children's Channel of ARD and ZDF
KiKA (the children's channel of ARD and ZDF) is a free, public, non-commercial television channel which stands for tolerance and friendship, thus promoting social skills and the development of a sensible approach to using the medium of television.
The website offers mainly video content – popular broadcasts and videos. Its intended audience is children and youth and it is generally used by children aged 3 to 13. The content is diversified – popular broadcasts, videos, games, and things to get creative, while the topics covered address different target groups. The web pages are user friendly and the video content is very popular with children.