- Age range:
- 8-10 years of age, 10-12 years of age
- Resouce type:
- Operating system:
- Main topic of the resource:
- Arts and culture, Everyday life and leisure, Other
- Main function of the resource:
- Discover new possibilities and abilities, Enhance and enable creativity, Encourage their sense of self, community and place, Enhance their participation in society, Produce and distribute their own positive online content
- Checklist criteria met:
- Age range and objectives, Stimulating experiences, Usability, Reliability, Safety, Privacy
- JFF - Institute for Media Research and Media Education
Knipsclub is a digital platform on which children can publish their own photos and share them with others within a moderated community.
Thanks to its animated films, photo tips and tools for image editing, Knipsclub offers the opportunity for children to learn how they can realise their own photo ideas. Within the moderated community, uploaded photos can also be commented on and evaluated. As a result, users are also informed about how to deal with and conduct themselves on the internet and, especially, learn about Web 2.0.
This online content allows children to share creativity on a secure and appealing platform: making pictures and dealing with photographs is a basic media experience. Knipsclub is designed for children and is an attractive offer with playful elements.