Časoris, online newspaper for children
- English, Slovenian
- Age range:
- 6-8 years of age, 8-10 years of age, 10-12 years of age
- Resouce type:
- Video channel, Website
- Operating system:
- Main topic of the resource:
- Arts and culture, Everyday life and leisure, Media, Politics and society, Science, nature and technology
- Main function of the resource:
- Acquire and retain life skills, Build up positive relationships with their family and friends, Develop a positive view of themselves and a respect for their identity, Discover new possibilities and abilities, Enhance and enable creativity, Encourage their sense of self, community and place, Enhance their participation in society, Enhance social/cultural understanding, Learn and develop, Produce and distribute their own positive online content
- Checklist criteria met:
- Age range and objectives, Usability, Accessibility/inclusivity, Reliability, Safety, Social media elements
Časoris is an online newspaper for children with daily stories on politics, science, sports and culture. It includes a special section in which children publish their own stories about what is going on in their world. Časoris also has a channel on YouTube.
Children find Časoris useful and fun. The stories are written in a children-friendly language. The topics are interesting and important at the same time. The stories include a glossary and points to consider so they can also learn something while reading the news.\
In March 2019 Časoris was namely nominated for the first European Media Literacy Award.