Web Portal ‘Young Coaches for the Internet'
- Age range:
- 6-8 years of age, 8-10 years of age, 10-12 years of age
- Resouce type:
- Operating system:
- Main topic of the resource:
- Media, Science, nature and technology
- Main function of the resource:
- Acquire and retain life skills, Build up positive relationships with their family and friends, Discover new possibilities and abilities, Encourage their sense of self, community and place, Enhance their participation in society, Have fun and enjoy themselves, Learn and develop, Produce and distribute their own positive online content
- Checklist criteria met:
- Usability, Accessibility/inclusivity, Safety, Privacy
- Cyprus Pedagogical Institute of Ministry of Educational, Culture, Sports and Youth
The Young coaches for the internet yearly programme aims to train teachers and students in the creative and safe use of the internet.
The programme involves teacher mentors as well as student coaches trained to support their school and act as trainers-coaches of their classmates, parents and families. Successful schools and students are certified at the end of the school year.
In the context of the project, has been developed the web portal "Young Coaches for the internet" which includes information about the program and a repository of rich educational / information material, resources and tools developed by Young Coaches (e.g., action plan, educational material). In addition, the website provides information and a learning space for ethical and useful use of the internet (possibilities and risks), interactive games, thematic cartoons and videos.
The portal includes a repository of rich educational / information material, resources and tools for children and teachers in order to help them use the digital and internet technologies in a safe and creative way.