Rusken vs Fusken
- Age range:
- 6-8 years of age, 8-10 years of age, 10-12 years of age
- Resouce type:
- Operating system:
- Android, iOS
- Main topic of the resource:
- Science, nature and technology
- Main function of the resource:
- Acquire and retain life skills, Enhance their participation in society, Learn and develop
- Checklist criteria met:
- Age range and objectives, Stimulating experiences, Usability
- Oslo kommune Bymiljøetaten
The app game "Rusken vs. Fusken" teaches children about littering in their own local environment, and how it affects animals and the environment itself. Every spring Norwegian children help clean up litter from the areas where they live, and the game is a supplement to this activity. It does not replace the actual physical cleanup, but gives the children more knowledge about the consequences of littering. It also provides an understanding to why cleaning up is important.
Teaching children the importance of not littering in the streets, the sea or anywhere else in nature is important. "Rusken" has been a cleanup activity for children who live in Oslo since 1976. This app gives extra boost to the activity and access to knowledge and information that might be helpful. It's a "small game", but the impact can be huge.